Sunday, January 16, 2011

Android Phones

Last post for the night... I've always used the simplest free cell phone I could get. No fancy features, no data plans. But a few months ago, my wife started to bug me about getting a smart phone. Strange, because she's not a techy person, but she is always on E-mail or the web at home. Buying her a smart phone means I have to buy the same model for myself, because I'll have to teach her how to use the darn thing, and I'll be the one to have to fix things when they go wrong.

So, if I'm going to have a smart phone, it might as well get a good one. Since I'm a Sprint customer (I get a good company discount there) and their data plans are cheaper than most the other guys, I bought the two of us HTC EVOs.

Yeah, if you play too much with it, the battery life sucks. But after the novelty wore off a little, I haven't had any problem making it through the day. OK... I have a charger at work and in the car, and if I remember, I plug in.

Very clever apps! I'll list my favorites another time. Yeah, the iPhone was first and inspired the whole idea and many of the apps, but there's more than enough Android apps out there to avoid iPhone envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment